COVID-19 Situation in South East Asia – Update 14 Feb 2020
Happy Valentine's day! Love each other, love yourself and share our love to China in the fight against Covid-19.
Up to today, there are many changes with the global situation regarding Covid-19, the most official report and situation are on WHO website
In the South East Asia region, there are some changes too and Aurora Travel would like to update to you.
According to BBC news: “The Vietnam Grand Prix is expected to go ahead on 5 April despite concerns over the coronavirus, says Formula 1's managing director Ross Brawn. The Chinese GP, which was scheduled for 19 April, was postponed on Wednesday” (https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/51486367)
Once again, yesterday, Vietnam government released statement confirm that: Vietnam is “still safe and open to visit”. https://vietnam.travel/things-to-do/information-travellers-novel-coronavirus-vietnam?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social%20followers%20stories
Vietnam gains the trust from F1 organizer, maybe because “Authorities are taking swift and strict preventative measures to contain the virus".
Below are the key actions taken by the Vietnamese Government to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Closure of overland border crossings between China and Vietnam
- Suspension of all flights to and from mainland China
- Epidemic prevention training for flight crews and attendants
- Strengthened disease screening at international points of entry
- Four hospitals designated by Ministry of Defense to handle potential cases
- 45 Quick Response medical teams set up to assist hospitals nationwide
- Increased prevention and control measures at health care facilities
- Cancellation of festivals and tourism activities countrywide
- Temporary closure of public schools in 63 provinces
- Zone off and quarantine of affected areas in Vinh Phuc Province for 20 days
In short, out of 16 infected cases, 7 were discharged from hospitals (43%), in which 3 from Son Loi village.
Up to today, Thai Airways and Thai Lion Air have suspended all flights to and from China.
Thailand has more infected cases up 33, but 10 of them were discharged from hospitals (30%).
Today, passengers on Westerdam cruise ship started disembarking in Cambodia. After tests, no one on board was found to be carrying the virus as announced by the Cambodia’s health ministry. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-cambodia-cruiseship/passengers-on-ship-turned-away-over-virus-fears-disembark-in-cambodia-idUSKBN20802G?il=0
Meanwhile the only 1 patient in Cambodia already discharged from hospital. Cambodia has become Zero infected country.
Laos and Myanmar
There is no changes in two Zero infected countries Laos and Myanmar.
Here, we feel very safe in our destinations and so do our travelers. They are enjoy touring with us – daily updated of travelers on tours with us will be found here:
At Aurora Travel, to keep our customers hygienic habits, we provide customers on tours with masks and hand sanitizer. If you have any concerns or need other details, please kindly send to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.